Freedcamp at work – the best way to start
We do not restrict users to one workflow where only one person can create projects. Please check this video to learn about relationships between user accounts, projects ownership, and subscriptions.
With this in mind, we have extra controls for Enterprise plan users who enable the White Label extension. They can restrict invited users (staff, clients) from creating projects. We also allow such customers to turn off Freedcamp’s onboarding emails and newsletters.
Delegating with Project Group Administrators
Project Group Administrators are a great way to delegate administrative rights to manage your account with your trusted team members.
Projects can only be created by the subscription owner and project group administrators.
Some common situations where issues arise when users use their own accounts to create new projects:
1. An employee is fired or quits when they delete their Freedcamp account all projects created in that account disappear.
2. If you upgrade your account you will notice that any project you did not create does not have the new features you pay for.
3. You can’t re-organize some projects because it belongs to a group created by other employees.
What can you do?
To prevent any of these situations we suggest:
1. Create an account and invite your team to test drive Freedcamp. Talk to us and ask us any questions you may have about the system.
2. Decide who will be managing the team's projects. Make sure this account is used to upgrade plans and the team is not creating projects in their own accounts(unless they are really personal things). More details on how to manage your team here.
3. Use this main account to create project groups and make sure to assign Project Group Administrators who can then create projects within these groups. Ask project group admins to ask the owner to create new project groups when needed. Ask the team to request project group admins and the owner to create new projects. Ask all users other than the owner to not create new project groups, and all other than the owner and project group administrators to not create new projects, as they will be doing it in their own account.
Transfer of Projects
To transfer projects to another project group, please see the article below.