Email, In the app and Push Notifications
Recap Email - Start and End Date Reminders
The Recap email delivers reminders for item start and due dates. By default, it is set 'daily', but it can be set to weekly or turned off from the Notifications Settings page.
note: If you set Recap as 'weekly' you may miss some reminders for tasks assigned to you. For example, if a task was created on Tuesday with a start/end date Thursday/Friday the same week.
All overdue items are added to your recap emails until they're fixed in the 'Require Immediate Attention' section. Upcoming items are split into today, tomorrow, and the next 5 calendar days Upcoming section. Here's a detailed explanation of each section:
Require Immediate Attention
- Due to Start: a progress status or 'Not Started', and a start date that's overdue
- Due to Complete: a progress status of 'Not Started' and 'In Progress' and a due date that's overdue
Milestones: same as Tasks
- Due to Complete: a status of ''Open' and a due date that's overdue
- Due to Review: a status of "In Review" and a due date that's overdue
- In Progress: a status of "In Progress" and a due date that's overdue
CRM Tasks: a status of "Not Completed" and a due date that's overdue
Events: with a start date that's today
- Due To Start: a status of "Not Started" and a start date that's today
- Due To Complete: a status of "Not Started" or "In Progress" with a due date that's today
- In Progress: a progress status of "In Progress" and a start date that's in the past and/or a due date that's in the future
Milestones: same as Tasks
- Due To Complete: a status of 'Open' and a due date that's today.
- Due To Review: a status of 'Review' and a review date that's today.
- In Progress: a status of 'In Progress' and due date of today or in the future
CRM Tasks: a status of 'Not Completed' and a due date today.
Covers the same items as the Today Section, except with a start/due date of Tomorrow
Covers the same items as the Today and Tomorrow sections, except with a start/due date within the next 5 days
Older Items Requiring Your Attention
Unread notifications in items you follow: progress changes, edits, comments, mentions, etc.
Email notifications are fully customizable in each project that you've created or joined. There are four types of notification settings:
Full: will send notifications on all newly added content.
Default: will send notifications when you have specifically assigned a task, milestone, etc. or if new content is added to something that you have subscribed to.
Minimal: If you add/edit an item, leave a comment, or someone will mention you - you will be subscribed but will only be notified about things you are currently assigned to.
None: no emails will be sent.
You can also use your email client to further fine-tune email notifications. For example, you can allow only new comments to reach your main Inbox and stash all other updates in a separate folder. Check here for more details.
Responding to Freedcamp Updates
We allow you to post new comments by replying to Freedcamp’s email notifications. Simply hit 'Reply' button and type your message above "===== Reply Above =====" line (1).
Remove all text your email client adds to reply email automatically such as timestamps and email signatures if you do not want them to be posted in Freedcamp (2).
We do not only parse attachments in your replies, but we also parse all inline images, upload them to Freedcamp and add inline to your comment.
Below you can see a reply containing one file attached and one inline image copy/pasted to my message in Google Mail:
Now you can see how it was parsed and posted to Freedcamp via email. You have your inline image in place and shown as an attachment (1). Your RAR file is also attached (2).
You can also see that all my links in the email were conveniently converted making them easy to follow from Freedcamp (3).
To change the email notifications settings, navigate to "My Account" (1) and click on the "Notifications Settings" tab (2).
From here, you can also access:
(3) Daily digest - daily email outlining absolutely all the updates in your projects made a day before (switched off by default)
(4) Recap email (switched on and set to 'daily' by default). Please note that all reminders on deadlines are delivered to you via this email.
(5) Emails Freedcamp team sends - you can choose which ones you want to receive or unsubscribe from all of them.
(6) Project notification levels - you can set one for each project, as described in section (7), as well as set a level for all projects you are a part of.
You can also forward a shortened version of your email notifications as SMS to your phone for supported carriers. You can request your carrier to be added if it supports email to SMS gateway. Please email the firstname.lastname@example.org email format your carrier uses and the name of the carrier and we will add it promptly.
To fully disabled emails, switch off (3), set (4) to None, and visit (5), and uncheck all boxes. Then go to (6) and set all projects to None.
You can also do this by clicking the link at the bottom of our emails.
It can be a hassle when emails are not being delivered to your team, customers, or contractors. Especially when you didn’t even know the email was not delivered.
Please make sure that you allow emails from @freedcamp.com and @mail.freedcamp.com on your email infrastructure or anti-spam company software.
Account owners are proactively notified about email delivery issues.
Hard bounce typical reasons
– Recipient's email address does not exist.
– A domain name does not exist.
– Recipient email server has completely blocked delivery – this includes cases when receiving email server has decided it is dealing with a spam and blocked our emails
Soft Bounce typical reasons – we will retry but expect delays in emails delivery
– Mailbox is full (over quota).
– Recipient email server is down or offline.
– An email message is too large – this should never, however, be the case with Freedcamp since we do not send attachments and cannot exceed the size quota for this reason
– is a use case when an email was delivered but a recipient marked it as a spam
In the app notifications
Users can also enable/disable and customize inline notifications:
This setting is available from under My Account -> Notifications in the App
A red circle near the app shows push notifications unchecked. Only the following events are pushed:
- New comment added
- New task/subtask added
- Task/subtask due date reminder
- Task/subtask was completed
- A new invitation to the project
Emailing into Freedcamp to create new items (tasks, issues, discussions)