Tired of forgetting your login information or submitting a password reset form? Still sharing passwords with your team via email and Skype hoping it will not be compromised? Remembering login credentials is a thing of the past. Manage all your account passwords from a secure and centralized location.
Passwords allows you to save an unlimited number of security credentials for your most important applications and services.
Advanced privacy settings allow you to keep this information strictly to yourself or enable sharing for users within your project group.
Passwords is completely secure with 256-bit SSL encryption. Never lose track of another account, and never have your credentials compromised.
Passwords provides an additional and enhanced level of security with an optional master password. Passwords are encrypted in your browser with the master password only you know. We never have your unencrypted data if you use the master password. Even if our servers were hacked your passwords would be safe.
- Customized password sharing options - share passwords via individual level!
- Store username, passwords, and login links.
- Standard protection - passwords encrypted and decrypted on our secure servers and passed to your browser via secure https connection
- Advanced optional and free protection with Host-Proof Hosting
Freedcamp’s Passwords app is a Project Group Application. We will explain this concept in below section.
This application is a free add-on which is available in our Add-ons.
How it works
And add it to your project (1):
To complete the installation process, please follow below prompts:
(1) You can select all your project groups together with its respective projects and the users invited into same.
(2) You can uncheck all.
(3) Select only the projects that you require.
(4) Select users who will have access the Passwords App.
(5) We show all users invited to projects in a project group. You can install to new project groups with no users invited yet or used only by you.
(6) Once all done – click on the “Save changes” button.
- You always have access to Passwords so your name is not listed.
- We will show you how to manage users and add Passwords application to other project groups in below sections.
Project Group applications explained
Password Manager is a project group application but what are Project Groups?
1. Project Groups allow to group related projects together.
2. On your Manage Projects page you can create Project Group Administrators - your team members who you trust to create new projects and manage users in your project group(s) - so you do not need to do it all yourself.
3. Install group applications.
You can individually select who can access this app. Inside Password Manager (when you create a new password) select from a list of these users to allow per password access.
How to install Password Manager to a new or existing project group
There are two options to install Passwords to a new or an existing project group. The first one is to repeat the steps from 'How it works' section as mentioned above. However, you will need to be careful and do not uncheck project groups where Passwords is already installed since this will uninstall same. You only need to check new project group(s) and users.
The second option will be to:
- Go to your 'Manage projects' page.
- Under the group that you want to install Passwords application, click onto “Project Group Apps” (1).
- On the lightbox, click onto the “install” button (2).
- Check the users that you want them to have access to the application.
- Click on “Save” button (3).
How to access Password Manager
You can access Passwords application from your Dashboard, by clicking into a project (1):
If you have selected a specific project, you will see the Passwords app (2) alongside with your other applications that you have enabled for this project (1):
You can create multiple groups to keep related passwords together.
- Select the cogwheel icon (1) and click onto "Manage Password Groups” (2).
- Click on the “Add Group” button (3) to add a new Password Group.
- Change groups order by dragging them (4).
- Use the edit and delete icons (5) and (6) respectively to edit and delete your Password group.
- ·We give you an additional warning when you are about to delete a password group containing passwords since all passwords in it will be also deleted.
To add a new entry, use the button 'Add new' (1) in Passwords. If you want to change the Password Group, you can select different password group (2). You can also optionally use the master password security level (3) - check Host-Proof Hosting section on this page.
Every entry's password displayed on the dashboard will be hidden for security purposes. To reveal the password, you need to click on the link named show under the column Password. For passwords secured with the master password, you will additionally need to enter it to see a password.
Drag and Drop Functionalities
Freedcamp allows you to drag and drop passwords within and between your groups. You can also collapse your password groups, more details are illustrated as per below animated GIF file
Host-Proof Hosting Security option
Application now supports in browser encryption and decryption of your passwords. This feature is used by most commercial online password managers. Check our blog for more details and hands on instructions.
How to uninstall Password Manager from a project group
Go To Manage Projects page (2) and click “Project Group Apps' button (3) for the required project group where you want to uninstall Password manager from. Simply click onto the “Uninstall” button (4):