What is Zapier?
Zapier is a tool for primarily non-technical users to connect together web apps.
An integration between two apps is called a Zap. A Zap is made up of a Trigger and one or more Actions or Searches.
Whenever the trigger happens in one app, Zapier will automatically perform the actions or searches in another app in order.
Zaps are very lightweight and easy to set up. Zaps do not import or export old data (they only operate on new items created after the Zap is enabled). Zaps are also not kept in sync ("two way syncing") after the Zap is triggered.
Zaps are deceivingly simple if you're used to dealing with complex and difficult integrations. Their simplicity is what enables anyone to create them.
What Freedcamp Triggers and Actions Does Zapier Support?
- Task Assigned To Me - Triggers when a a new task is assigned to you
- New Comment For A Task I Follow - Triggers when a new comment is added on a task you follow
Want a new trigger? Please post your request on https://freedcamp.uservoice.com by using title 'Zapier - Trigger - short description' and add more details in the description field.
- Add a Project - creates a new project and, optionally, a new project group
- Add a Task - creates a new task
- Add a Comment - creates a new comment
Want a new trigger? Please post your request on https://freedcamp.uservoice.com by using the title 'Zapier - Trigger - short description' and add more details in the description field.
We do not support any searches yet. Please post your request on https://freedcamp.uservoice.com by using title 'Zapier - Search - short description' and add more details in the description field.
How to Get Started with Freedcamp on Zapier
About Freedcamp's Integration
- Permissions - You don't need extra permissions to access any Freedcamp resources, but some things won't trigger/appear if your permissions in a project are not sufficient! For example, if you have 'guest' access to a Freedcamp project you will not be able to create a new task in it.
- Paid/free account - Any plan (free or paid) of Freedcamp can access the integration.
- Custom field support - we do not support yet Custom Fields available on Freedcamp Business and Enterprise plans in Zapier. Please post your requests on https://freedcamp.uservoice.com as suggested above.
Connecting with Freedcamp
The first thing you'll need to do is connect your Freedcamp account to Zapier so we can start.
1. Create your key
A/B - go to My Account/API
C - generate new API key
D - check 'Zapier' box
E - copy your API key
2. Connect Zapier and Freedcamp during the 1st zap creation
Now, you can login/sign up to Zapier and start creating zaps which will include Freedcamp actions or triggers.
During a zap creation, you will be prompted to connect your account to Freedcamp.
1 - please paste it here
2 - please change only if you run Freedcamp Enterprise plan with White Label enabled.
3. Possibilities are limitless!
Automate your workflow and connect Freedcamp to other systems you use:
Freedcamp Tips and Tricks
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org your ideas and we will be glad to share them here!
Popular Things To Do With Freedcamp
- Create Freedcamp tasks from Google Forms responses Use this Zap
- Create Freedcamp tasks from new Gmail emails Use this Zap
- Create Freedcamp tasks from new Typeform entries Use this Zap
- Create Freedcamp tasks weekly at a scheduled time Use this Zap
- Save new Freedcamp task comment as Google Sheets rows Use this Zap
- Get Slack notifications for Freedcamp tasks assigned to you Use this Zap
- Forward new emails to create Freedcamp tasks Use this Zap
- Create Freedcamp tasks from new starred Slack messages Use this Zap
- Create Freedcamp tasks from new Jira issues Use this Zap
- Create Freedcamp tasks from new GitHub issues Use this Zap
Tips and Tricks (will be updated soon)
Common Problems When Using Freedcamp & Zapier
We have just launched on Zapier. Please contact email@example.com to report bugs or ask questions. We will share most frequently asked questions as soon as we have them.